Better Together


I severely underestimated just how disruptive a puppy would be to our already busy lives.  My golden has food aggression problems and also problems with other dogs in general.  So there's been a lot of having to coach her, but also keep the puppy away from her if she has any kind of food - even a crumb she finds on the ground.  So my scrapbooking time has been on a hiatus.  There's been blood shed, tears and upset mama moments, but it's finally calmed down for the most part.  They get along great now so I've been able to make time to relax and enjoy myself.  Enjoy them, enjoy my kids enjoying them.  And find much needed scrap therapy time.  I sat down to scrapbook with my daughter and we made pages together.  She likes to gather a few items that we both then have to use to make a layout with matching pictures.  It's a lot of fun and usually makes me think outside my comfort zone. But then she went rogue and started painting all the things, so I made this layout. 



I went a bit extra with 4 Shimmerz colors and a distress oxide on the background.  My texture paste is a brand new container but it was...…  almost plastic-y? rubbery? I can't describe it.  I think I got a severely bad batch.  It did eventually spread but MAN it was disappointing.  My paints and oxide didn't soak in to it right.  Parts of the bright pink turned yellow.  I kept going with more and more colors on top of it and eventually, I really liked the background and I liked what the yellow tone added.  Then I didn't glue down the layers evenly.  Really this layout is a lot like the relationship my dogs have right now.  It isn't perfect by any means but it is beautiful.  



I didn't get a chance to get awesome photos outside in the good light that we had today, so pardon the reflection of lights in my photos.  I wanted to get this layout put away so I ran down to my craft room to get a few pictures to share.  I've listed what I used down below.  Did I need to use 5 different paints and 4 different packages of sequin mixes? no.. But I was enjoying myself and letting the creativity lead me.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  




Layout Recipe:
Felicity Jane Brook collection for papers and ephemera
Felicity Jane Zoey collection for the heart paper
Texture paste brand name withheld (I want to test another container and see if it's just this paste in general or just the container I currently have)
Dylusions stencil
Shimmerz Paints in Pop Art Pink, Coral Reef, Pink Champagne and Miner Miner 49'er
Distress Oxide in Worn Lipstick
Maggie Holmes sticker book
Elle's Studio Hugs and Kisses puffy stickers
Thickers in Golden Rod from 1Canoe2
Bakers Twine from my stash
Spiegel Mom Scraps 8" Doily
Spiegel Mom Scraps sequin mixes in My Happy Place, Earthy Treasures, Vintage Christmas, and Music to my Heart

Comments

Popular Posts