Robotics

My son has taken robotics camps the last two summers at a very well known engineering college, so he was super excited to be a part of the robotics program in school this year.  He has huge admirable goals with his robotics knowledge and I look forward to seeing what the future holds for him. This is one page of a two page spread on the robotics club he was in at school.  The second page will hold the information about the club and this competition. Everything used will be listed at the end.


I used the Robot Dingbat by Carina Gardner, found in the Silhouette store, to make cut files.  The first round of making these was my first endeavor into making cut files in the Silhouette software.  I was frustrated with how they turned out, but I did like one of them.  This fella right here looking over at Parker.


I then started to work on the background.  I only used four products on the background this time which for me is not many.  I first used Shimmerz Paste-eez in Lava Flow through the Dylusions stencil Holes.  I don't have many stencils so that is a favorite for adding texture.  I then used Shimmerz original paint in Teal the End of Time and Shimmerz Vibes in Pop Art Pink to smush around on the background and make it colorful.  I used a large white Posca paint pen to add white flecks on the top of all of that.  


When that was done, quite honestly, I let the layout sit for a couple weeks.  I didn't like the second robot I had created.  I wasn't overly fond of how everything was coming together.  I came back to it, convinced I would be throwing away the background and both robots.  I ended up keeping the one mentioned above and sitting down with silhouette studio and attempting cut files again with the font.  I remade the robot that I threw away and made a third robot.  I also printed out another photo to help balance the page around.


Happy with the layout, it was time to play with the title and little decorations.  I didn't want much more around with giant robots on the page, so I pulled out the Funky New Year sequin pack from Spiegel Mom Scraps.  I love the way the matte black sequins look on this page.  I painted one of the glasses from the SMS Nerds R Us wood veneers with black ink and stuck it on one of the robots, which made me laugh.  So I added sequins to the eyes of the other robots for interest.



In the end, I'm glad I stuck it out with the layout.  I love the way the background peeks around the robots.  If ever you are having a moment where you are just not having it with what you are working on, put it aside to come back to later.  We're all working on PHD's here anyway right? (PHD = Pages Half Done) I hope you find some hope and inspiration and have a great day!! Check me out on Saturday on Spiegel Mom Scraps blog for my last share of January.  Take Care and thank you for stopping by!

Layout Recipe:
Pink Paislee Moonstruck 6x6 paper pad
Pink Paislee Moonstruck paper 12x12 sheet of the moon phases paper (not sure of name)
Dylusions stencil in Holes
Shimmerz: Paste-eez in Lava Flow, Vibes in Pop Art Pink; Original paint in Teal the End of Time
Posca paint pen in white
Felicity Jane Essentials Mini Puffy Alphabet
Felicity Jane Reagan Chipboard Alphabet
Spiegel Mom Scraps sequins in Funky New Year
Spiegel Mom Scraps wood veneers in Nerds R Us

Comments

Popular Posts